Sandra Pulsifer, Ph.D., LMT
Known by many friends and clients as Sandiee, my journey of holistic health began in 2006, when I began having serious life-threatening health issues. In order to have the normal life I desired, I had to find gentle ways toward feeling better on both a spiritual, as well as, a physical level. I needed to develop better ways of thinking because I knew in my heart that my mind was effecting my body. During my many years of studies, I came across this nugget of truth: Where the mind goes, the body follows. As I began to relax, change my mindset, and take care of my spiritual needs, physically I began to feel much better. As a result, my life path/career took a slightly different route of once science teacher to now teaching others about feeling better in mind, body, and spirit.
On November 14, 2015, I was officially ordained as an Interfaith Minister at the Bon Secours Spiritual Retreat Center in Marriottsville, MD. The process of becoming ordained and receiving the Ph.D. was a 7 year journey of the heart and then on June 22, 2017, I passed my state licensure exam for massage therapy and become a licensed massage therapist (LMT).
In recent years and having worked with clients for at least 11 years in alternative medicine, I created a holistic method called Tamashī Therapy. Tamashī in Japanese means “soul.” This therapy relaxes the body and touches the soul in way that profoundly reduces stress and awakens the inner spirit.
My formal education:
- Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) from JRTI
- Ph.D. from AIHT
- Master of Arts in Teaching from Marshall University Graduate College
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Biology from Hood College
- Associate of Arts Degree in Biology from HCC
My professional certifications and licensure:
- ICRT Karuna Reiki® Master/Practitioner
- Hospice Caregiver – Central New York
- Spirituality, Health and Healing – California Board of Nursing
- Complimentary Alternative Medicine – California Board of Nursing
- Ordained Interfaith Minister – AIHT
- ICRT USUI/Tibetan Reiki Ryoho Master Teacher/Practitioner
- AromaTouch® – dōTERRA
- Meditation – California Board of Nursing
- Mindfulness – California Board of Nursing
- CPR/AED Certified, TC ID# WV04064 -renewel due 2/08/2019